Thursday, February 7, 2013

Some more figure drawings

     This year has presented me with so many wonderful opportunities!  Alongside the usual lineup of classes I have become the anatomy instructor at Montserrat College of Art in Beverly, MA, and had my first chance to work in the degree Program at RISD teaching PUPPET ANIMATION!  So fun! At the same time I have moved into a new studio space on the west side of Providence.  It was a raw space initially (even without heat for a few crucial winter months) but a few stressful weeks of dry-walling and sweeping and painting turned it into a dreamy studio space that I love spending time in.  And the old 20 minute commute to pawtucket has improving into a perfect daily walk to the old brick mill down the street.

     All the excitement around teaching and moving and dry-walling around has kept me from being fully focused in the studio, and although I have gotten there, I haven't made much in the way of finished work in the last 6 months or so.  A sculpture is on its way and some more comics work is slated for the future, but for now...some figure drawings.  Some are demos from class, some are from Nick Polermo's Winter-session figure drawing intensive which I have been lucky enough to attend.  Most of these are approximately 20-30 minute poses with a few 5's and 10's thrown in.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These drawings are EXTRAORDINARY. That is all.